One of the last things you need to do is pay bigger utility bills when you’re trying to get relief from debt. And if pesky debt collectors have been calling, it’s even more important to save as much money as you can. Now with summer around the corner there are a number of easy things you can do that will lower your utility bills.
1) If your doors or windows have drafts money is leaking out of your home every time you put on your air conditioner. And, come winter, the hot air will just seep through these cracks. Whatever you spend now to stop the drafts will be repaid over and over again with the money you will save on your utility bills.
2) Change your air filters every month. When your air filters are dirty or get blocked by pet hair, dust and dirt not only does the quality of the air in your house go down, the cost of your electric bill goes up.
3) See if someone from your power company can come to your home in order to do a free energy audit because they can find ways you might not have even thought of to cut your energy bill.
4) Heating and air conditioning systems make up about one third of most peoples monthly home energy costs. If they are not efficiently functioning they are costing you more than is necessary. If your system hasn’t been inspected for awhile hire someone to do an HVAC inspection for you.
5) Watering your lawn can really run up your water bill. Check to make sure you don’t have any leaks in your garden hose. And, while you’re at it, check for any additional leaks within your home.
6) Put your cooling and heating system on automatic rather than just turning it on and off. Monitor it to be assured that it actually turns off when it hits your targeted temperature.
7) When you’re not in your home you don’t need to keep the temperature at the same level it is when you’re home. Readjust your thermostat so that it is at least several degrees warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter whenever you leave your house.
8) Replace your light bulbs with energy efficient light bulbs.
9) Old stoves and refrigerators use a lot of energy. You may ultimately save a lot of money by replacing them with Energy Star certified appliances.
And for free information about debt relief, especially if debt collection agencies have been calling, take a look at “How to Deal with Sneaky Debt Collector Tricks” at http://www.FindReliefFromDebt.com
(c) Copyright – Mike Irons. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.